Friday, August 12, 2005

Inauguration

The Pittsburgh Blogfest III tonight was a smashing success. The event was well attended and the people surprised me by how fun and motivating they were. Even the post-gazette sent a reporter and a photographer. I enjoyed talking with everyone there.

The direct effect of Pgh Blogfest III is that Matt and I are shoving our blog out the door tonight. We've been spurred on by the call to action from Cynthia over at MyBrilliantMistakes . No more bothering with all the startup overhead details. Who needs a well thought out name, a URL, or a formal theme? You can save the pre-release details for the People Who Never Actually Get a Project Off Of The Ground. (More on this in an future).

What we really have going for us is a wealth of opinions and an drive to see more coverage of things which interest us. The bottom line is, we’re stepping up to the plate and contribute to the community out there because we’re tired of just being readers. We’re not worried about what 'the community’ means at this point. Whoever takes interest in what we have to say is good enough for me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well then, let me be the first to welcome you to the blogosphere. It was a pleasure talking to you at the blogfest, and I'll look forward to seeing your contributions in the days to come.

Anonymous said...

Hmm.... That previous comment wasn't supposed to be anonymous. Sorry about that. Other than that, see above. ^^^

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of can-do attitude on which our great nation was built. Welcome to the blogosphere. May your traffic meters rise daily.

Anonymous said...

And here I thought all the new Blogger users the past six months were link farms...

I saw someone with "Jake" on their badge last night, but didn't get a chance to meet everyone.

Finally Aldo Coffee is no longer alone in the South Hills.

Matt C. Wilson said...

Rich, you were there last night? I guess I never ran into you. Oh well, one of these days I'm bound to meet you at the store. The cappuccino really is as good as advertised :)

BTW - I didn't mean to imply on Terry's blog that you're solely an RSS advertiser. But I agree with him, let's help bring about the future when such a thing is quite the norm.

Anonymous said...

I got there late, around 8:30, so I guess I missed a few folks. Spent most of the evening with the podcast couple and the two Mikes (pghblogger and Left Field).

On Terry's blog, like we said, we'd love to take credit for being forward thinking, but at this point talking about RSS with customers is sort of like when you s p e a k r e a l l y s l o w l y when someone doesn't understand your language. We've even put directions up in the store for how to get us on MyYahoo, etc.

Thanks for the testimonial on the coffee. I'm usually only there mornings and Friday nights but hope to catch up at some point. Day job, y'know.

Jake said...

Rich --

Too bad we missed you there. I spoke with the Podcasters (the Dahl's), also from Mt. Lebanon for quite some time, but I guess it was just the wrong timing.

Anthony Cerminaro said...

Welcome to the Burghosphere. I understand you are involved in tech startup. You may wish to check out my blog, BizzBangBuzz, which targets that audience.